The Torch

University High School Student News

The Torch

The Torch

Meet Your 2024 Senior Class President

Senior Class President Gladymar Rodriguez Caballero has been active in SGA and has taken on leadership roles in class cabinets throughout her high school career.  Also participating in theatre, dance and cheer, Gladymar has left her mark at UHS. 

What are your plans after graduation? 

I plan to go to university to study marketing and digital media. I plan to continue working and doing internships.

What university/college are you planning to attend?

I have not fully decided yet. It might be UCF.

How did you figure out your passion or career?

Through the leadership positions I had at the school I had the pleasure of running the social media for the Dance Magnet for three years and through the experience I really found a love for digital media. I have always enjoyed public speaking and selling merchandise to people so marketing is just something that caught my eyes.

What job opportunities does your career offer?

Through marketing and digital media it can go multiple ways. There is the business style of creating social media for a business company and advertisement but there is also the route of sports such as being a manager or social media for teams or a representative. 

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

In 10 years, I see myself having a really great opportunity with a company under a contract. My dream is to be a social media manager for a team or even a big company such as Google or a company where I can learn and be in the public media.