The Torch

University High School Student News

The Torch

The Torch

SGA Hosts Annual Powderpuff Game

The powderpuff Cheerleaders perform a ‘routine’ for the girls out on the field.

On April 16th, SGA hosted their annual powderpuff game, which had students and staff buzzing with excitement.

The event was a role-reversal spectacle with the girls sporting football gear and boys shaking the pom-poms. The game kicked off last Tuesday at 7 PM. “For powderpuff, students are put into committees to plan the events and we have different people in charge so we find some boys from the football team to coach the powderpuff girls who are playing the game and then we find some cheer girls to coach the boys who are participating as cheerleaders,” said Ms. Rasmussen.

Upperclassmen faced off on the field, while the crowd, a mix of students from all grades, roared with support. Powderpuff isn’t just a football game; it’s a celebration of school-spirit among participating students. “The best part of powderpuff this year was being a cheerleader with my other friends in ROTC and performing cheer routines and putting myself out there,” said senior Joseph Healing. The game was not only a testament to the players’ enthusiasm but also to the dedication of SGA’s new teacher. Despite it being her first year at the job, she and the SGA team orchestrated the entire event.

This year’s powderpuff was an entertaining event for both students and staff to spectate. Ms. Rasmussen and the SGA worked hard to make the game an absolute hit. “The challenges of this game arrived in different ways. This is my first year running SGA so it is my first Powderpuff, but the kids are great at figuring out how to make things work so I am happy with how this game ended up,” said Rasmussen.