Cougar Night Live Spotlights UHS Talent

+Daniel+Bonnet%2C+Matteo+Moreali%2C+and+Adrei+Caquimbo%2C+the+first+place+winners+of+Cougar+Night+Live.

Daniel Bonnet, Matteo Moreali, and Adrei Caquimbo, the first place winners of Cougar Night Live.

Cricket Wainman, Staff Writer

University High School hosted Cougar Night Live Talent Show on Friday, February 3rd in the Patrick F. Culler Performing Arts Center at 7:00 p.m. The talent show featured ten acts in total and the judging panel consisted of multiple teachers at UHS and acts varied from singing, dancing, band, piano, the majorettes, an SGA skit, and color guard performances.

The winners were Daniel Bonnet, Matteo Moreali, and Adrei Caquimbo who played in a jazz band performance of When the Saints Come Marching In, A Few of My Favorite Things, In the Mood, Meringue, and Fly Me to The Moon. “It was kind of crazy to win, it was a really good feeling culminating to that point, we had put in all the work and the performance went well and I couldn’t ask for a better one. I was really honored and humbled to win, there were some really good acts there,” said sophomore Daniel Bonnet.

In second place were the hip hop dance duo senior Jasmine Markey and Mrs. Jamie Tremaine, with a hip hop dance performance rendition of Ice Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice. “We basically spent every day of the last month practicing, we really just dedicated our spare time to making it,” said Markey.

In third place, Geovanni Montalvo, Carlos Nuñez, Jayden Diaz, AJ Morales, and John Deguzman with a Rock Band performance of their own song written by Montalvo and produced by Deguzman called Only Hope for Two. “When it finally came together it was a great process, I wanted to give everyone a chance to shine so each person had a solo. In general it was crazy because not only were we able to prepare and do great for the talent show, but I was also able to form a band that is still practicing today,” said Montalvo.