Winter Pep Rally Goes Neon

Romeo Vazquez, Staff Writer

Friday January 27th, SGA hosted the third pep rally of the school year. The pep rally was neon themed and celebrated the conclusion of the basketball season for both the boys and girls teams. 

At the beginning of the pep rally, ROTC presented the colors and Illianna Mendoza and Gabriella Calderon each sang the National Anthem. The basketball teams then broke through banners as the MC Mr. Percy Ritchie announced their teams, to kick off the pep rally.

As usual, the pep rally included several games and activities for students to partake in including the first, Musical Chairs, which was won by the senior representative.  According to SGA secretary and senior Mia Aberg,  “We brainstorm different game ideas and decided to do an easy one that is more creative,” said Aberg

Along with games for students to watch or participate in, the cheerleaders and the majorettes also performed for the students. “It was nice performing at the last pep rally. I find it important because I’m a senior and doing my favorite dance since freshman year,” said senior Alessandra Lossing.

The Neon Pep Rally will likely be the last of the school year due to scheduling. “The process for planning a pep rally involves looking at the calendar and checking with Principal Ott on the day we choose to ensure there are no conflicts, such as test days,” said Aberg.