Boys Soccer Closes Season with a Loss

Josephina Gravenese, Staff Writer

The UHS Boys Varsity Soccer season has come to an end with a difficult 2-17 record. The last game of the varsity season was unfortunately a loss of 1-10 against Boone High School. The JV soccer team also struggled with 2 wins, 11 losses, and 1 tie. The last game of the JV team was also a loss of 1-2 against Lake Brantley High School. 

Both teams will continue to work hard and improve on themselves for next year’s season. “The season went okay, the team can improve if we build more chemistry, work harder together, and have more training,” said varsity junior Adam Legzouli.

This season was a learning experience for everyone and now they know how to become overall a better team. “We improved as a team, unfortunately we were unlucky in certain games and did not come out victorious. We can improve more on our tactical skills and communication. I think the team did decently, but the other teams we went against were very competitive,” said varsity Coach Mark Hamley.

The players agreed that working on communication would help improve their level of competition.   “The team tried their best, we should communicate more on the field and play together as a team more,” said junior varsity freshman Ibrahim Siddiqui. 

Despite the team’s losses, overall they worked hard and had fun while doing it. “Throughout the season it was tough against other teams, but overall it was good. I made a lot of new friends on the team and got to spend time with coaches and friends,” said varsity junior Edris Acvedo-Menzez.