The Torch

University High School Student News

The Torch

The Torch

How UHS Students Spent Spring Break

OCPS 202-2024 Spring Break took place March 18th-22nd.

UHS students recently returned from their week-long Spring Break. This was a period of rest and relaxation for many, as well as a chance to unwind following the demanding third quarter work-load. Students engaged in a wide variety of activities, each one with their own unique experience and takeaways from their time-off.

With a week full of sunny skies, students enjoyed time outside during their free days. “I went to SeaWorld with my friends. I spent most of my time outdoors at the lake and pool,” said sophomore Ashley Torossi. Many took this hiatus as an opportunity to spend quality time with people. “I went to Disney Springs with my parents, we had dinner at Summerhouse on the Lake. I also went shopping with my friends at Waterford,” said junior Sofia Santiago. The warm, breezy weather made outdoor pastimes the perfect choice. “I hung out at the beach with my friends over spring break,” shared sophomore Thomas Le.

Some students travelled around, exploring new places they had never been. “I had a lot of fun over break, I went to Japan and the Philippines. I enjoyed trying a variety of food from those countries,” said sophomore Ariana Infante. More local-scale travel was a popular choice among students, whether it was to visit family or for recreational reasons. “I went to Tampa with my Mom and Grandma, we shopped together at the Tampa mall,” said senior Maxine Ramirez. Hosting a group gathering is an entertaining way to socialize with peers. “I had my birthday party with my friends and family at Launch the trampoline park,” said junior Jaden McKinley. Cultural celebrations can be a momentous expression of belief among members of a cultural community. “I celebrated the festival of Holi with my family at our temple,” said sophomore Niki Jansari.

Spring Break was an important interval of restoration between marking periods, it gave staff and students the freedom to socialize, spend time with loved ones, and catch up on the sleep they had lost. As students settle into the final stretch of the school year, they come back well-rested and ready to finish out the year right.