The Torch

University High School Student News

The Torch

The Torch

Club Rush Gives Students the Chance to Get Involved

Club+Rush+gave+students+the+chance+to+see+all+of+the+clubs+that+are+available+on+campus.+
Club Rush gave students the chance to see all of the clubs that are available on campus.

Last week UHS had their annual Club Rush event. This event aimed to show students the variety of clubs and organizations the school offers. It also gives groups an outlet to promote themselves to potential new members. 

Students working the club tables and moving throughout the plaza looking at the club displays had to battle intense heat and winds. The powerful wind made some of the exhibits fall over, even causing flyers to disperse. Even with these setbacks the event still brought in many new members. “I enjoyed attending Club Rush. Even though I didn’t have the time to see every booth, I got to see many, including the Asian Student Association which was very cool,” said senior Alexa Liz.

Students represented organizations that targeted student interests, such as cultural clubs, performing arts, community service and sports, just to name a few. “I am a magnet student as well as this season’s co-president. I worked at the theater booth during club rush. We mostly had magnet students come to our booth and we had a pretty poster which made it fun,” said senior Norah Perfetto.

In order to draw people, clubs tried different methods to make themselves more appealing to students. “We had a bit of a slow start, but eventually had a lot of people at our booth. My group created some interactive questions to ask people to make it fun. We also gave popsicles away on the second day of Club Rush,” said Creative Writing Club member junior Georgia Grace.