Chorus Earns Superior at MPA

Chorus members perform for audience members at the pre-MPA concert.

Cricket Wainman

Chorus had their MPA concert on March 3rd where they scored a Excellent and a Superior ratings. 

Excited by the standing ovations her choirs received and with most of the choirs earning straight Superiors, Mrs. Yelitza Greene takes pride in her students for their success. “I’m extremely proud of our students for not only the effort, for the perseverance, and the discipline that they have for coming after school and during the school day to be proud of what they are going to present. They delivered their stories through song, they did it with passion, and they did it in a way in which others were affected by their performance. Other students were praising them for the effect, whether it was by something nice that they said to them or by standing ovations,” said Greene.

Preparing for the MPA involves dedicated class and out of school rehearsals. “We have rehearsals after school and I’m going to record myself and practice in my free-time to prepare,” said freshman Nathalia Navarro.

The students have performed concerts before the payoff of doing well at a performance that was being monitored and was a test is even more fulfilling for the chorus students.

The students were able to prepare for the evaluation with a pre-MPA concert in February. “I think it’s really exciting getting to perform, especially after working on these songs for a long time, it was really rewarding to see the standing ovation we got after the show.” said senior Brianni Whigam