Girl’s Basketball Wraps Up Season

Sophomore Autumn Johnson makes her way down the court in the game against Winter Springs.

Ella Bisson, Staff Writer

The Girls Varsity Basketball season has ended their regular season with a 5-11 record.  

Their last game was against Timber Creek on January 31st, which resulted in a loss. “This has been a great season even though we had some bumps in the road,” said senior Jaime Noel.

The season had the athletes competing against tough opponents and each win highlighted the girls skills on the court. “One of our favorite games this season was the home game we had against Harmony High School. It was a very close game throughout the night,” said senior Kyla McMath.

The Girls JV basketball team nearly had an undefeated season, with a 7 wins and 2 losses. “I am proud of the work the team has put in,” said Coach Ron Green. 

The team was undefeated until their  last two games. “Unfortunately we were missing a lot of players because of absences and injuries for our last two games so we weren’t able to perform as well as we did before,” said freshman Giuliana Chalmers.

Despite their challenges, the Girls JV basketball team performed great this season. “I am thankful to have the opportunity to be on this team as a freshman. Bonding with the team and being on the road to our games was very fun,” said Chalmers.