The Torch

University High School Student News

The Torch

The Torch

This Year’s Prom Was A Night To Remember

This year’s prom was hosted at Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress.

Prom was hosted on April 27th at the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort. University High School has a tradition of hosting prom at this venue and this year was no exception.

JCC students worked hard to make this event happen.“We created slideshow presentations for many different themes. From there, the cabinet voted on our top 5 themes to send out to the juniors and seniors. Finally, upperclassmen voted and we ended up with our theme,” said junior Annabella Downs. The theme “Tangled in our Memories” was brought to life with the elegant scenery at the venue.

The event coordinator at the Hyatt recommended Frequency Productions for the DJ, and they did not disappoint. They played a mix of today’s hits and throwbacks that kept the energy high. “I had an amazing night at prom, it was fun and worth the money,” said senior Rose Negron. The music brought everyone to the dance floor, belting out lyrics, and moving to the beat. 

Although there wasn’t a sit-down meal, students were provided with a large assortment of snacks. The coconut chicken had people coming back for seconds, the sushi provided a sophisticated touch, the mini empanadas added that perfect savory kick, and the potato balls were pure comfort food. “The food was delicious. My favorite was the chicken,” said senior Alivia Thomas. An array of refreshments kept everyone hydrated and ready to dance the night away

The thoughtfully curated decorations, music, and food intertwined to create a memorable experience. So, here’s to this year’s prom: a night of joy, nostalgia, and a reminder of the magic that occurs when we’re “Tangled in our Memories.”